Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Tender little scones that mix together in a snap using Bisquick Mix. Rather than kneading the sticky dough like traditional scone recipes, I use a cookie scoop to portion out eight scones. If you use Heart-Healthy Bisquick, each scone has about 60 calories and 1 G. fat. The nutrition info shows higher values because REGULAR Bisquick is the only product in the current database.
- 354.88 ml Bisquick baking mix (I use Heart Healthy type, see note below)
- 29.58 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml lemon zest, if available
- 118.29 ml blueberries
- 1 egg
- 44.37 ml milk
- 4.92-9.85 ml lemon juice
- 118.29 ml confectioners' sugar
- NOTE: I make these scones using the "Bisquick Heart Healthy" lower fat product, but the nutrition content stated is for Standard Bisquick.
- In a large bowl, gently toss Bisquick Mix, sugar and blueberries. If you have a fresh lemon, you can also add 1 t. lemon ZEST for a great flavor boost. Set aside dry mixture.
- In a 1 cup measure, whisk milk and egg together.
- Pour liquids into Bisquick bowl and use a fork to mix things together gently. Use a large cookie scoop to portion out 8 dollops of dough onto parchment paper.
- Use wet fingers to flatten each scone slightly.
- Bake 400 degrees for 10 minutes or until edges are browning.
- Glaze: Mix lemon juice with Confectioners Sugar to achieve a thin consistency. Drizzle over cooled scones.
- NOTE: Due to low fat content, these probably won't freeze very well, so make them and eat them!
I found this recipe made the scones extremely dry - both stirring them and then after baking. Since I use the reduced fat Bisquick, next time I think I'll just use more sugar, half and half instead of milk and add more for moisture. My hubby liked them better than I did.
These are wonderful with any type of berry! Thank you!
Very easy scone to make. Quick and tasty. It did have a bit of a biscuit taste rather than a true scone, but I was willing to accept that given how quick they were to make. I made a raspberry icing with confectioners sugar, seedless raspberry jam, and a touch of milk. Delicious!