Recipe by KLV
I just made this recipe with some frozen blueberries and we all really liked it - even my boys who don't like blueberries. It comes from a church cookbook but I have changed it to suit my tastes. You could really substitute any fruit you wanted - it's a very versatile recipe.
Top Review by Liz R.
I found that the blueberries a rose to the top and did not stay well mixed in the batter. Batter is too thin. Also I have had to add additional 20 minutes for these to cook. But they still tasted good.
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 cups blueberries, frozen or fresh
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all the ingredients, except the blueberries.
- Gently fold in the blueberries.
- If using frozen berries, don't thaw- the juices won't mix through the batter as much.
- If desired, sprinkle some cinnamon and sugar on top for a little extra sweetness.
- Put in muffin tins.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.