Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Yummy blueberry madness Low fat No sugar
Make and share this Low Fat Blueberry Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 packages Equal sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven 400' degrees F.
- Grease (or spray) 12 cup muffin tin.
- (Paper liners tend to stick).
- Combine dry ingredients in bowl.
- Beat together the milk, oil, and applesauce.
- Pour into the dry ingredients all at once and stir just until the flour is moistened (batter will be lumpy).
- Fold in blueberries.
- Fill greased muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Bake at 400 degrees approximately 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the pan immediately.
I used mixed berries; 4 packets of Splenda instead of Equal. Very good!
These were good for being so healthy. Good thing there were blueberries or else they would have been very very bland.
I liked these. I decided to make these pretty muffins so I could cut down on sugar and share them with other ladies who also are watching their figures. I used four packets of Splenda and Costco's mixed frozen berries. Great muffins for a healthier diet! People who want them to be sweeter can always add jam or jelly! I'm going to remember those four splenda packets for all my muffin recipes. Thank you.