Recipe by falafel
These moist, delicious lowfat blueberry muffins can be made in regular or jumbo muffin tins. The regular size are 2 Weight Watcher's points, the jumbo ones are 3 points.
- 3⁄4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄3 cup applesauce
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen, if using frozen, don't thaw)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease muffin tin.
- Combine flours, sugar, salt and baking powder in a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk together applesauce, egg, and milk and add to the flour mixture. Stir just to combine.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Divide batter evenly between 6 jumbo or 12 regular muffin cups. Bake at 400 for 20-25 minutes (15-20 for regular size muffins), or until a toothpick comes out clean and batter is set. Cool on a wire rack.