Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I found these online and am storing them here to try very soon. They look like they'd be fabulous with fresh blueberries! Plus each muffins contains only 137 calories and 2.9 grams of fat. I did change a couple of things to fit my dietary needs. If you use the soy milk these are dairy-free.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup nonfat milk (you can also use low fat buttermilk) or 1 cup soymilk (you can also use low fat buttermilk)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 large eggs, lightly beaten or 1⁄4 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 1 cup blueberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Coat a nonstick 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray or line with paper cups.
- In a large bowl, stir flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt together.
- In a small bowl, combine milk, canola oil and egg.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add milk, oil and egg mixture. Stir until just moist. Fold in blueberries.
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 full and bake 18-20 minutes until golden.
- Cool on wire rack.