Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
From Orlando Sentinel May 12, 2004. They noted that it was adapted from The Bounty of Central Florida by Valerie Hart
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces blueberry yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 extra-large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sugar, mixed with
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 pints florida fresh blueberries
- Over a peive of parchment or wax paper, sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Pour from paper into a mixing bowl.
- Add yogurt, oil, and eggs to flour mixture. Beat 1 minute with hand mixer on med speed.
- Pur batter into a 9X9" greased baking pan. Sprinkle half of the cinnamon-sugar mixture over the top.
- Bake at 350 F for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out dry.
- Sprinkle half of the blueberries over the top. Sprinkle the remaining cinnamon-sugar mixture over the top. Turn oven to broil. Broil until hot and bubbly over the top.
- Cut into squares and serve with the reserved blueberries on the side.