Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Adopted! An easy low fat dessert. Can use fresh or frozen blueberries.
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup skim milk
- 2 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- In a bowl, mix together dry ingredients.
- Add milk and whisk until smooth.
- Pour batter into lightly greased 8x8 inch pan.
- Sprinkle blueberries on top.
- Bake in a preheated 350°F oven for 40 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Serve and eat.
Very simple and quick. Add a little spice to the mixture to help add some more flavour.
This was a very simple, easy, good-tasting dessert, and relatively healthy too. However I found the biscuity part to be a little chewy - it didn't seem to cook properly. Also I would recommend adding a little bit of cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla to the dough to make it a little more flavorful. I also mixed my blueberries with a touch of lemon juice and sugar before putting them on top.
This was fabulous for a low-fat dish! Made it with breakfast for Father's Day and it was a hit. We had it warm and also cool with a spritz of lo-fat whipped cream. I baked in an 8" square dish, and it did not get very high, so I think next time I will try a smaller dish. I used fresh blueberries and they worked well. Thanks!