Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I love fresh blueberries so that is why I like this recipe so much, the cocoa gives it a great chocolate like taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray an 8 inch square baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine applesauce, sugar, and vanilla.
- in a another bowl, whisk together flours, cocoa, baking powder and soda.
- Make a well in the center and add wet ingredients; mix until just combined.
- Gently fold in walnuts and blueberries.
- Spread mixture into prepared pan and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until center is firm and not sticky.
- Let cool completely before slicing.
- Makes 16 brownies.
I have made the recipe MANY times...love it, I switch up some of the ingredients ,great for those trying to eat healthy:)
This recipe could use some additions. It has potential but it definitely was not sweet enough. Next time I'll add more sugar or maybe just some dark chocolate chips as other reviewers suggested. Very moist and rich though. You can barely notice the blueberries, just little blobs within the chocolate.