Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I love fresh blueberries so that is why I like this recipe so much, the cocoa gives it a great chocolate like taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray an 8 inch square baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine applesauce, sugar, and vanilla.
- in a another bowl, whisk together flours, cocoa, baking powder and soda.
- Make a well in the center and add wet ingredients; mix until just combined.
- Gently fold in walnuts and blueberries.
- Spread mixture into prepared pan and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until center is firm and not sticky.
- Let cool completely before slicing.
- Makes 16 brownies.
This is a great healthy treat. It was enjoyed and will make again. You would never know it was made with wheat flour. I added 1 tablespoon oil. Wonderful getting a burst of blueberry when eating.
I have made the recipe MANY times...love it, I switch up some of the ingredients ,great for those trying to eat healthy:)