Recipe by Fitzjam
I am in love with black forest cake but wanted to come up with a some-what healthy alternative. This was a total hit and I will make it for a long time. I looked around on the site but couldn't find anything like it...hope you enjoy:)
Top Review by angelak
I have to say that I am rating this solely on method, because I did not use the light ingredients. Black Forest is my husband's favourite, but I won't make a whole one or buy a gross one from the grocery store. So, I made this for the two of us for Christmas dinner. I made my own cherry filling with some frozen cherries I had pitted along with some sugar, cornstarch, and kirsch. I whipped real cream with some kirsch, too, and then I layered as described with the cookies. After about 6 hours in the fridge, the cookies had magically turned to cake and the layers came together very nicely. I will try this again, post-hoilday, with the light ingredients, or, as another reviewer suggested, with other flavours of pie filling and cookies.
Directions See How It's Made
- You may make this in either in individual dishes or in a larger container, depending on how much you want to make.
- Line the bottom of your dish with chocolate wafers.
- On top of those put a layer of cool whip.
- Then place wafers on top.
- Place layer of pie filling on wafers.
- More cool whip.
- More wafers.
- I think you get the idea.
- When finished, place in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours. This will ensure the wafers soften and turn into a cake-like substance.