1/3 Photos of Low Fat Black Bean Hummus
2 hrs 10 mins
Passed down from the girls at the gym. I LOVE this with carrots or homemade pita chips. "Cook Time" is actually chill time. Hope you like it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans
- 1/2 cup water or 1/2 cup bean liquid
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- pita bread or raw vegetables
- 1Drain black beans and garbanzo beans and reserve liquid.
- 2Rinse beans and allow to drain.
- 3Place black beans, garbanzo beans, lemon juice, oils, cumin and garlic in a blender.
- 4Cover and pulse-blend until finely chopped.
- 5Add water or the reserved bean liquid a little at a time and continue blending until smooth.
- 6Place in serving bowl and sprinkle with parsley.
- 7Cover and refrigerate about 2 hours or until chilled.
- 8Serve with pita bread wedges or raw vegetables for dipping.
Browse Our Top Vegan Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegan Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Fat Black Bean Hummus
Serving Size: 1 (58 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 101.2
- Calories from Fat 28
- Total Fat 3.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 107.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 4.0 g