Recipe by Kimke
This is a low cal, low fat dip. A healthful alternative.
Top Review by love4culinary
This was fabulous!!!!!! I decided to chill part of it, and heat part of it. I enjoyed this as an evening snack :-) I tried a bit of it chilled and heated and it is marvelous both ways. I think if I had to choose, however.. i would prefer it hot over cold. It was wonderful with tortilla chips, and is also excellent with Corn chips like fritos!! :-) thanks for the recipe!!!! will definitely use this as finger food during my next get-together! :-)
- 2 tablespoons chopped jalapenos
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 4 -5 cloves chopped garlic
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- tortilla chips or cracker
Directions See How It's Made
- Place jalapenoes, onion, garlic, and beans in food processor.
- Cover and blend on medium high speed until almost smooth.
- Spoon mixture into bowl.
- Stir in yogurt, cumin, and salt.
- Cover and refrigerate until chilled or heat in a 1 1/2 qt.
- saucepan over medium heat, stirring frequently, until hot.
- Serve with tortilla chips or crackers.