Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I used to make these as a kid, except with full fat and full sugar ingredients. These are just as good, and much less fattening!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix baking mix, milk and egg until a soft dough forms.
- Turn dough onto lightly floured surface and knead gently until smooth.
- Pat or roll dough into an 8 x 10 rectangle.
- Combine cinnamon and sugar.
- Spread dough with butter and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar mixture.
- Roll up tightly, beginning at 10 inch side.
- Pinch edge of dough into roll to seal.
- Place sealed side down on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Cut at 1 inch intervals ALMOST through to bottom, using scissors or sharp knife.
- Bake about 20 minutes or until light brown.
- Mix powdered sugar, water and vanilla until drizzling consistency; drizzle over warm roll.
We used to make these growing up as well. They are a little "bisquick" tasting but they are quick and easy to make with things you usually have on hand. I also put brown sugar in the rollup.
Very easy and soooo yummy!! I added nuts to mine and used a little canned vanilla frosting on top while they were still warm. Thanks.
This was an easy, Sunday morning, limited time recipe! Used regular sugar in place of the Splenda. Had to add a bit more milk to the dough as it was a little dry, but with the extra milk, it rolled out easily. Thanks for the great idea!