Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
I make this about once a week at our house. All three kids like it (and hubby too) and it is one of my own favorites as well. It's such a great alternative to the heavily-fried chicken, but I'm telling you...it tastes JUST as great!
- Place butter in 13x9 pan. Preheat oven to 425°F and place pan and butter in oven while it's preheating.
- Combine Bisquick, paprika, salt, and pepper in a large resealable bag.
- Skin chicken, if desired. Rinse each piece under cold water. Then place in bag, one or two pieces at a time, and shake to coat well.
- When butter is melted in pan (pan should be hot), place meat in pan, meaty sides down.
- Bake 35 minutes; turn pieces over and bake an additional 10-15 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 160°F.
- Excellent with mashed potatoes, biscuits, and green beans!
I was very pleasantly surprised with this recipe. I used skinless chicken pieces, and used olive oil instead of the butter. I also added "the colonels" secret spices (garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, chili powder, sage, basil & marjoram) to the mix and it was excellent, the best baked "fried" chix I've ever had. Thank you Debidoo for sharing the recipe.
THis was very good. I used boneless, skinless chicken breast. I had to add more butter cause mine acted like it wanted to burn. I didn't use a pyrex dish or dark meat so I don't know if that had anything to do with it. My husband ate his like a chicken sandwhich and acually asked if it was really low fat. He said it tasted like a chick-fil-a sandwhich. (I'm not sure if he was serious about the chick-fil-a but he did enjoy it.)
Great idea with Bisquick. Such an alternative!!! My husband LOVES fried chicken and I hate pan frying it, but we are both watching our calorie intake. So I used low fat butter, and instead of paprika, salt and pepper, I use CREOLE seasoning that I mixed in with the bisquick. Awesome flavor!! Thank you so much!