1/3 Photos of Low Fat Bisquick Crust Bacon and Cheese Quiche
Amazingly, the quiche will form its own crust. I think this quiche tastes best when it’s made the evening before and heated up the next morning. If you use a blender instead of a whisk, process the Bisquick, eggs, milk, pepper and salt for about 15 seconds; afterwards, by hand mix in the onion and garlic. Optional: Use ½ lb Canadian bacon in place of bacon and top with tomatoes. Or Swiss cheese instead of cheddar.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Cook the bacon in a medium frying pan. If you use turkey bacon I recommend spraying the pan with cooking spray.
- 3After you have removed the bacon from the pan, use the same pan to sauté the onion and garlic over medium heat until softened.
- 4While the onion and garlic cook, chop up the bacon.
- 5In a large bowl beat the eggs and milk until just blended.
- 6Add to that mixture the Bisquick, onion, garlic, salt and pepper. Mix by wire wisk for about 1 minute (some small Bisquick lumps are fine).
- 7Spray pie plate or muffin tins with cooking spray.
- 8Pour Bisquick mixture evenly into the pie plate or muffin tins.
- 9Sprinkle bacon and cheese on top of egg mixture; gently press below surface with fork.
- 10Bake the quiche until the top is golden-brown and a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. If you have a thermometer the internal temperature of the quiche should be between 165 – 185 degrees Fahrenheit. Let stand at least 10 minutes before cutting.
- 11Baking time: Pie plate - 40-50 minutes or Muffin tin - 20-25 minutes.
- 12Makes 8 servings: 1 slice of quiche or 2.5 muffin size quiches.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Fat Bisquick Crust Bacon and Cheese Quiche
Serving Size: 1 (132 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 168.2
- Calories from Fat 78
- Total Fat 8.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 104.2 mg
- Sodium 411.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 12.0 g