Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
I love this as a side for fish. Points 1.
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups shredded cabbage (red and green)
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄2 cup thinly-sliced celery
- 1⁄2 cup thinly-sliced green onion
- 1⁄2 cup thinly-sliced red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup thinly-sliced green bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- In a measuring cup or cruet, thoroughly combine vinegar, sugar, mustard, pepper and oil.
- In a large bowl, combine red and green cabbages, carrots, sliced vegetables, raisins, parsley and ginger.
- Add dressing and gently toss.
- Let stand 1 hour to marinate vegetables and blend flavors.
I'm sorry I got this one mixed up with another one. This one looks really good. Will try soon.
This was more of an asian style cole slaw so, if you prefer the creamier variety like I do, then this is not the slaw for you. The red pepper and vinegar were too strong for my taste.
Ooh, so very good! Used a little less sugar and omitted the raisins as I'm not a fan. Also used 1 ts of ground ginger instead of fresh and mixed it into the dressing. Such a great, crunchy salad! Thank you so much for the recipe!