Prep 30 mins
Cook 6 mins
This is a great summer dessert, nice & easy to prepare in advance - before the guests arrive..... and very easy to enjoy with your guests. Cooking time is freezer time
- 2 liters low-fat vanilla ice cream
- 500 g fresh mixed berries or 500 g frozen mixed berries
- 1 (100 g) packet meringue nests (10)
- Line a 26cm (base) springform cake pan with baking paper.
- Stand ice cream at room temperature until slightly softened.
- Place into a large bowl add the mixed berries.
- Add meringue nests 1 at a time- crushing gently with your hands to ice cream and berries mixture, stir until well combined.
- Spoon mixture into prepared cake pan.
- Cover with plactic wrap and place into the freezer.
- Freeze for 6 hours (or till firm) or overnight if time permits.
- Turn onto a serving plate.
- Cut into slices and serve immediately, add some extra berries to the plate for decoration.