Prep 45 mins
Cook 24 hrs
This is yummy and low-fat, it always turns out perfect.
- 4 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt, 1% or nonfat
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Toss 2 cups berries with sugar.
- Let stand for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer berry-sugar mixture to food processor.
- Add yogurt and process until smooth.
- Strain through fine sieve. Pour into baking pan (or transfer to ice cream maker and process according to manufacturers' directions). Freeze uncovered until edges are solid but centre is soft. Transfer to processor and blend until smooth again.
- Return to pan and freeze until edges are solid.
- Transfer to processor and blend until smooth again.
- Fold in remaining 2 cups of blueberries.
- Pour into plastic mold and freeze overnight. Let soften slightly to serve.
Tasty and refreshing! I love the creamy flavor the vanilla yogurt adds. I didn't put mine in a mold, but instead just served it up like ice cream.
This does taste great! I think the recipe needs a bit less berries and a little bit more yogurt though. The result is still very berry!
very good!! the directions were alittle weird though...