Low-Fat Beef & Lentil Soup (High Fiber)
- In Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat until hot. Add onion and garlic; cook and stir 3 to 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add water, broth, picante sauce and lentils.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low.
- Cover tightly and simmer 35 to 45 minutes or until lentils are tender.
- Meanwhile trim fat from beef steaks.
- Stack steaks and cut lengthwise in half and then crosswise into 1-inch strips; set aside. Increase heat to medium; bring to a boil.
- Stir in beef and escarole. Immediately remove from heat. Cover and let stand 5 minutes before serving.