Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This one was so tasty. Points 4.
Make and share this Low-Fat Beef, Cabbage And Beet Borscht recipe from Food.com.
- Coat a large pot with nonstick spray.
- Crumble the beef into the pot.
- Cook over medium-high heat, breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon, for 4 to 5 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Line a platter with several thicknesses of paper towels.
- Transfer the beef to the plate and drain well.
- Wipe out the pot with a paper towel.
- Add the garlic, onions and cabbage.
- Saute over medium heat for 15 minutes, or until the cabbage is softened; if needed, add a few tablespoons water to the pot to prevent sticking.
- Add the beef, tomatoes, water, beets, lemon juice and brown sugar.
- Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Cover, reduce the heat to medium and cook for 10 minutes, or until the beets are tender.