This one was so tasty. Points 4.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Coat a large pot with nonstick spray.
- 2Crumble the beef into the pot.
- 3Cook over medium-high heat, breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon, for 4 to 5 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- 4Line a platter with several thicknesses of paper towels.
- 5Transfer the beef to the plate and drain well.
- 6Wipe out the pot with a paper towel.
- 7Add the garlic, onions and cabbage.
- 8Saute over medium heat for 15 minutes, or until the cabbage is softened; if needed, add a few tablespoons water to the pot to prevent sticking.
- 9Add the beef, tomatoes, water, beets, lemon juice and brown sugar.
- 10Bring to a boil over high heat.
- 11Cover, reduce the heat to medium and cook for 10 minutes, or until the beets are tender.
Browse Our Top Lemon Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lemon Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low-Fat Beef, Cabbage And Beet Borscht
Serving Size: 1 (369 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 163.0
- Calories from Fat 21
- Total Fat 2.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 26.0 mg
- Sodium 126.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 17.8 g
- Protein 12.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-sodium stewed tomatoes