Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
sounds pretty iffy, but it actually tastes pretty good
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 cups low-fat milk (1%)
- 2 whole cloves
- 1⁄2 small onion
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and pepper
- Whisk cornstarch and 1/2 cup of milk in a nonstick pan until smooth. Whisk in the remaining 1 cup of milk. Stick the cloves into the onion and add onion and bay leaf to the pan.
- Cook over low heat, stirring frequently, for 12 minutes or until the mixture is hot and well infused with the bay leaf and onion.
- Raise heat to medium, let simmer for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat, push through a sieve into a bowl.
i like so much