1/1 Photo of Low Fat Bechamel Sauce
sounds pretty iffy, but it actually tastes pretty good
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Whisk cornstarch and 1/2 cup of milk in a nonstick pan until smooth. Whisk in the remaining 1 cup of milk. Stick the cloves into the onion and add onion and bay leaf to the pan.
- 2Cook over low heat, stirring frequently, for 12 minutes or until the mixture is hot and well infused with the bay leaf and onion.
- 3Raise heat to medium, let simmer for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Season with salt and pepper.
- 4Remove from heat, push through a sieve into a bowl.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Fat Bechamel Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (413 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 142.4
- Calories from Fat 21
- Total Fat 2.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 12.2 mg
- Sodium 109.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 13.6 g
- Protein 8.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: