Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a wonderful yet low fat healthy salad. So handy to have in the refrigerator.
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black-eyed peas, drained
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 celery, finely chopped
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Refrigerate overnight, stirring occasionally.
- Use your choice of beans.
- Rinse the canned beans real well.
- Add your choice of vegetables or your own vinaigrette.
Brought this salad to a pot luck. It was a big hit.
The lemon flavour was a new twist on this salad that was well liked.
This is such a great salad...I have never been to this site before :) Have a wonderful weekend!