Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
An easy, quick and tasty dip that is sure to please everyone. (It's low fat, meatless, low carb and sugar free!)
- 4 ounces reduced-fat American cheese, cut into cubes
- 1⁄3 cup picante sauce
- 1 can fat-free refried beans
- 1⁄4 cup canned green chili, chopped & drained
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon dried cilantro
- Mix all ingredients in a microwave safe bowl.
- Cook for 3 minutes.
- Cook about 3 minutes more until hot throughout.
- Serve with chips.
This was so easy and quick to prepare. Very tasty, too. We just had this bean dip, baked tortilla chips, and guacamole for last night's dinner. It makes quite a large amount. My guys loved it. Thanks, Junebug.
I made this for Photo Tag - and even made my own refried beans just for this recipe, as I cannot get them in France! (Cooking Class Refried Beans)It was made for a Drinks and Dips party, and all my guests DEVOURED it! I used some, wait for it, Velveeta cheese that a friend from the US brought over for me, as I had never tasted it before!! (I am not sure that it is real cheese, but it worked a treat in this dip!!) I served it with Nacho chips and crudites, and everyone loved the fact that it was a warm dip. Thanks Junebug! FT:-)