Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Great go to sandwiches that have incredible flavor, and perfect for leftovers, or unexpected company. Approximately 110 calories per sandwich.
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 2 cups celery, finely chopped
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon whipped butter
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 cups water
- Brown ground beef, celery, and onions in a non-stick skillet.
- Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours.
- Serve in sandwich rolls, or buns.
The taste is very good. But I think 2 cups of water is too much. It was too liquid after 4 hours so I added another 2 hours at high. But still, it's very liquid. Thanks weekend cooker :) Made for PRMR tag game
Very good and easy! I did not have any celery so used celery salt (for the salt amount) - next time I may sub in green peppers. Served on sourdough rolls with chips and fruit salad -- easy and good dinner. Thanks for sharing!