Prep 4 mins
Cook 8 mins
try this taste treat for something different in the morning. Great for sunday brunch!
- 3 egg whites
- 1 egg, whole
- 1 tablespoon skim milk
- 1⁄4 cup bay shrimp (canned)
- 2 tablespoons scallions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 slice low-fat swiss cheese
- add eggs and milk in small bowl and beat well.
- add 1 tsp of oil to small egg pan and heat on medium heat.
- add scallions and shimp to pan and cook for 3 minutes. Remove shimp and scallions to small bowl.
- reheat pan and add 1 tsp oil, add eggs and cook into omelet. add shimp to on side of eggs and top with cheese.
- Fold omelet onto plate and serve with whole wheat toast.
Loved it! Something different from my regular egg white omelets! I used Alpine Lace Reduced Fat Swiss and Boyajian olive oil infused with fresh scallions. I tried the canned shrimp but believe this may be more economical with frozen, or a good way to use up leftovers from a night out at a seafood restaurant. Good for anytime of the day!