Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
My friend Laura shared this delicious recipe with me. This is easy to make, delicious and low fat! Enjoy!
- 1 whole wheat pita bread
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce (we used KC Masterpiece)
- 4 ounces cooked grilled chicken breasts, cubed (we cook ours on the grill)
- 1 slice red onion, diced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-fat mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Place pita on a baking sheet and spoon barbecue sauce evenly over the pita.
- Top with Chicken, onions, rosemary & cheese.
- Bake for 10 - 12 minutes or until the cheese is melted, the pizza is heated through and the pita crisp.
- Slice, serve & enjoy!
What a great idea! We have made this many times (and many different versions), and it's always super easy and very tasty.
YUM! These were great! I added mushrooms and red pepper and served with a salad for dinner. (Fat-free ranch goes good on the pizza too!) This is a great way to have a the taste of a gourmet pizza without the guilt. I am going to try this again with some variations. (First one will be marinara, mozzarella, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, and basil.) My fiance requested this again soon. Thanks for an awesome idea!
Super easy and very tasty. I used low cal KC Masterpiece BBQ sauce, which gave it a bit of a kick. I also used cilantro in place of rosemary. It was nearly as good as California Pizza Kitchen with half the guilt. I will definitly be making again. Thank you KC_Cooker