Recipe by LWOOD147
I found this recipe in a magazine and changed it to make a low fat and lower sugar version! Im sure you could substitute sugar for Splenda or reduce amount of sugar if desired although I haven't tried it
Top Review by llangrove
My Mom used to make this all the time. I was craving the dessert, but not the fat or calories. I made as directed and all I can say is WOW! The dessert did NOT suffer by using fat free ingredients! I will make again! Thanks!
- 2 1⁄2 cups crushed graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 2 (8 ounce) packages fat free cream cheese
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 (4 ounce) packages fat-free sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups cold skim milk
- 4 -5 ripe bananas
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 cups fat-free cool whip, divided
- chopped nuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix cracker crumbs and butter. pat into a 9x13 pan. Freeze 10 min
- Combine cream cheese and sugar in bowl beat with electric mixer until blended.
- Carefully spread mixture over crust.
- Top cream cheese mixture with drained pineapple.
- Slice bananas 1/4 to 1/8in think and place over pineapple keeping the slices as close as possible.
- Mix pudding mix and milk in another bowl and mix until thickened. Fold in 1c cool whip.
- Spread pudding mixture over bananas
- Top with remaining cool whip. Can add more than 1c if you'd like.
- Garnish with chopped nuts and additional banana slices in desired.
- Refridgerate 3 hours.