Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A very satisfying breakfast and Low fat etc. Enjoy
- 4 slices cinnamon raisin bread
- 2 large egg whites
- 1⁄4 cup skim milk
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons maple syrup or 1 1⁄2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 teaspoons frozen orange juice concentrate
- Mash Banana coarsely with a fork.
- Stir in orange concentrate.
- Spread banana mixture over 2 slices of bread and top with the other two slices so you have two sandwiches.
- In a pie plate whisk together the egg whites and milk.
- Soak sandwiches for 20 seconds on each side.
- Transfer sandwiches to a plate.
- Stir together the yogurt and maple syrup set aside.
- Melt a 1/2 tsp butter in a non stick skillet, low heat.
- With a spatula place the sandwiches in the pan and brown the under side, 5-7 minutes.
- Flip and slip the other 1/2 tsp of butter under the sandwiches and brown about 5-7 minutes.
- Serve with the sweetened yogurt.
- Turn and brown the other side 5-7 minutes.
This turned out pretty good. I personally preferred regular maple syrup on them but the yogurt syrup was good too.