Recipe by Fifitrixibelle
This easy one-bowl recipe is healthy, full of fruit and is low in fat and sugar. It is super moist, and kids really like it. You need only a bowl, wooden spoon, and an 8X8 pan.
Top Review by rsnelling42
This was moist and delicious. I made a few changes and really loved it. I used 2 skinned fresh mashed peaches (instead of canned), 2 tablespoons of butter (instead of the oil), 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla (instead of 1), and 1 cup whole wheat flour (instead of white). I also added 1 tablespoon coconut oil, 1.5 tablespoons white sugar, 3 tablespoons oat bran an 1 teaspoon cinnamon. I baked it as instructed. It tasted delicious. I wish I had more peaches on hand to add in or had thought to incorporate an apple or something, but it was still great and I'll definitely be making it again. Thanks for posting Fifitrixibelle!
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (14 ounce) can peaches (chunks, strained)
- 1 large banana (mashed, ripe)
- 1 cup unbleached flour or 1 cup wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix first six ingredients together, then add the last three. Mix Well.
- Pour the batter into a greased 8X8 pan and bake for 25 minutes at 350 degrees. Check after 20 minutes. The top will be a lovely golden brown colour.
- For a bit of fun, add some chocolate chips!