Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
I took Sharon123's recipe for pumpkin bread and took out the fat! These are tasty and not too bad for you. original recipe: http://www.recipezaar.com/157475
- 1⁄2 cup no-sugar-added applesauce
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup banana (the more ripe the better)
- 1⁄2 cup fat free sour cream
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- Mix together the apple sauce, sugar, egg whites, and vanilla.
- Stir flour, baking soda, and salt together and add to the mixture.
- Add the banana, sour cream, cinnamon and nutmeg. Combine with an electric mixer.
- Bake in a greased muffin pan at 350*F. for 1 hour.
- Variations: I add chocolate chips to mine but that's optional. You could also substitute pumpkin for the banana, and/or 1/2 cup nuts.