1/6 Photos of Low Fat Banana Cream Pie
This is a fantastic and easy lower fat version modified from a recipe from Healthy Appetite (the show is hosted by dietitian Ellie Krieger). It can be made lactose free simply by using lactose free milk. Including the graham crackers, one serving contains 3.4 grams of fat, with only 0.6 grams of that saturated. Does not include set up time in the refrigerator.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 low-fat graham crackers, preferably containing no trans fat (6 full sheets)
- 2 tablespoons Smart Balance butter spread or 2 tablespoons other regular tub margarine
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Spray a 9-inch pie tin with Pam.
- 3In a food processor, pulse graham crackers until finely ground. Add tub margarine and 1 tablespoon of water, and process until becomes crumbly and clumps form.
- 4Press crumb mixture into bottom and partially up sides of pie tin. Bake 10 minutes. Let cool.
- 5To make the filling, place 3 tablespoons of cold water in a small ramekin. Slowly sprinkle gelatin evenly over water, being careful not to let it clump. Let bloom (it is done when it soaks up all the water - this will happen pretty quickly).
- 6In a medium saucepan, whisk together sugar, salt and flour.
- 7In a bowl, beat the egg yolk and milk together.
- 8Add the egg mixture to the pan of dry ingredients and whisk to dissolve.
- 9Cook over medium high heat, stirring constantly, 5 minutes. It should come to a boil and thicken.
- 10Turn off heat and stir in gelatin until dissolves. Take off heat and add the vanilla and rums. Set aside to cool for a few minutes.
- 11Arrange a third of the bananas (one banana) on the bottom of the graham cracker crust. Pour half the pudding over it. Continue to layer another third of the bananas, followed by the other half of the pudding. Top with remaining third of bananas.
- 12Store in the refrigerator until pudding has set, approximately 3 hours.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Fat Banana Cream Pie
Serving Size: 1 (117 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 133.7
- Calories from Fat 27
- Total Fat 3.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 24.5 mg
- Sodium 121.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 16.2 g
- Protein 3.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low-fat graham crackers