Recipe by SJG3483
Here is a moist, lowfat alternative for those who love a banana chocolate chip muffin
Top Review by Laura in Texas
Loved it! I took several suggestions that worked very well. I made this in an 8 inch square pan and it was the perfect size. Nothing spilled over, but it was a nice high dense, moist cake. I used half splenda, half sugar. Also, I used lowfat plain yogurt with 1 and a half tsp of vanilla added (a great way to cut sugar cause the 1 cup is more than enough). I used only 6 oz of chips and it is still very chocolaty and full of chips. I made these as muffins once before and 10 oz of chips was way too much for the batter to handle. I cooked this on 375 for about 35 minutes. Thanks for the inspiration!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 8 ounces low-fat vanilla yogurt or 8 ounces nonfat vanilla yogurt
- 10 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sugar and egg and blend well.
- Add the mashed bananas, applesauce, and yogurt and stir to combine.
- Stir in chocolate chips and set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add to the wet mixture and stir until just blended- the batter will be lumpy.
- Pour the batter into muffins tins.
- Bake at 375 for 10-15 minutes- be careful not to let them get too brown.