Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Here is a moist, lowfat alternative for those who love a banana chocolate chip muffin
Make and share this Low Fat Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- Combine sugar and egg and blend well.
- Add the mashed bananas, applesauce, and yogurt and stir to combine.
- Stir in chocolate chips and set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add to the wet mixture and stir until just blended- the batter will be lumpy.
- Pour the batter into muffins tins.
- Bake at 375 for 10-15 minutes- be careful not to let them get too brown.
Loved it! I took several suggestions that worked very well. I made this in an 8 inch square pan and it was the perfect size. Nothing spilled over, but it was a nice high dense, moist cake. I used half splenda, half sugar. Also, I used lowfat plain yogurt with 1 and a half tsp of vanilla added (a great way to cut sugar cause the 1 cup is more than enough). I used only 6 oz of chips and it is still very chocolaty and full of chips. I made these as muffins once before and 10 oz of chips was way too much for the batter to handle. I cooked this on 375 for about 35 minutes. Thanks for the inspiration!
I had 12 large muffins. I used only 1/2 cup of sugar. And I used greek vanilla yogurt. Very light and yummy. Thanks SJG :) Made for Cooking tag mania
it was a hit! my husband doesn't like yogurt neither apple sauce but he did love it!