Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a spin off of Kittencal's (that genius girl) extreme low fat banana-blueberry muffins. But it was different enough ( I made the muffins a while back), that I decided to post the difference. This cake was wonderful! No one would guess it was low fat with little sugar except the fruit! You can use nonfat sourcream for the yogurt, but I haven't tried that.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 cups bananas, mashed ripe
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup sugar (or Splenda, Depends on how sweet you like your cake.)
- 1⁄4 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Mix dry ingredients.
- Mash bananas and mix wet ingredients in a seperate bowl.
- Combine wet and dry until dry ingredients are just wet and mixed. Don't overmix.
- Bake at 350 in a 9 x 13 nonstick pan sprayed with Pam for 15 minutes.