Recipe by s. anne
This recipe has been in my family (in full-fat version) for years, and one day I decided to try it with alternate low-fat ingredients, and it tasted just as good! Great low-fat, low-calorie, guilt free treat. Frosting is optional.
Top Review by lolablitz
Great recipe! I used fat free Greek yogurt and skipped the salt and made it in a bundt. Also added 3/4 cup of regular sugar and made a banana cream cheese icing. THanks for the keeper!
- 1 1⁄2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup light butter
- 1 cup sugar substitute (splenda)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup finely mashed banana
- 2⁄3 cup fat free sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift together flour, soda and salt.
- Cream butter, sugar and vanilla.
- Add eggs 1 at a time, and bananas.
- Stir in sifted ingredients alternately with sour cream.
- Pour into greased and floured 8x8x2" pan.
- Cook at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Frost when cool with butter frosting flavored with fresh lemon juice.