Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
I wanted to be able to have a comforting loaf of banana bread for my family, but we DID NOT need the fat added to our waists. I took a typical banana bread recipe and made it low fat. We will never go back to the regular recipe this one is just that good. Hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup splenda sugar substitute
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon morton lite salt (Low Sodium)
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (2 to 3 Medium Bananas)
- 1⁄3 cup liquid I Can't Believe It's Not Butter® Spread
- 2 tablespoons nonfat milk
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄4 chopped nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large mixing bowl combine all above ingredients together.
- Mix ingredients with hand mixer until well blended approximately 2 minutes.
- Pour batter into a loaf pan sprayed with"Pam Non-Stick cooking spray".
- Bake for approximately 50- 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Convection oven seems to take only 25 minutes or so.
- Remove loaf pan from oven and allow to cool.
- Place banana bread in an airtight container and keep refrigerated.
- Seems more moist the next day.
I love banana bread and wanted to attempt a low fat version....this was wonderful. I used canola oil and non fat yogurt in place of the liquid butter replacement and the non fat milk. It is moist yet still dense, and much better than I ever thought a low fat banana bread could taste. Thanks norcogirl.
This is the best banana bread I have ever had. The best part about it, besides the taste, is that it is a low fat recipe. The texture is great. It is so moist. I recommend this recipe very highly. Great job, Norcogirl!!