I wanted to be able to have a comforting loaf of banana bread for my family, but we DID NOT need the fat added to our waists. I took a typical banana bread recipe and made it low fat. We will never go back to the regular recipe this one is just that good. Hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup splenda sugar substitute
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon morton lite salt (Low Sodium)
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (2 to 3 Medium Bananas)
- 1/3 cup liquid I Can't Believe It's Not Butter® Spread
- 2 tablespoons nonfat milk
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 chopped nuts (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In large mixing bowl combine all above ingredients together.
- 3Mix ingredients with hand mixer until well blended approximately 2 minutes.
- 4Pour batter into a loaf pan sprayed with"Pam Non-Stick cooking spray".
- 5Bake for approximately 50- 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- 6Convection oven seems to take only 25 minutes or so.
- 7Remove loaf pan from oven and allow to cool.
- 8Place banana bread in an airtight container and keep refrigerated.
- 9Seems more moist the next day.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Fat Banana Bread
Serving Size: 1 (73 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 173.5
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 185.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 13.9 g
- Protein 4.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
morton lite salt
I Can't Believe It's Not Butter® Spread