Recipe by therayche
This is a low fat, low points (WW) delicious and MOIST banana bread. You just have to try it!!
- 3 tablespoons light butter, melted
- 4 bananas
- 1⁄2 cup egg substitute
- 1⁄2 cup light sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt the light butter (I used Land-o-Lakes Light Butter) for about 10 seconds in microwave and mash bananas with butter. Add and "mash" together all other wet ingredients. (Egg Beaters, Light Sour Cream, Applesauce & Vanilla.)
- Mix together all dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Gently fold wet ingredients into dry. Fold until just mixed. (Do not over mix.)
- Pour ingredients into a bread pan sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes. Test with toothpick - should come out almost clean.
- Remove from pan and cool on a wire rack. (If using dark-coated pan bake at 325 degrees.).