Recipe by Riverside Len
The buttermilk replaces most of the oil in this recipe. You won't know it's low fat. Feel free to add nuts or chocolate chips.
- 2 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup banana, ripe and smashed (about 3 medium)
- 1⁄3 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat oven to 325 f.
- lightly greas and flour a 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 pan.
- beat aggs and sugar in a large bowl about 5 minutes.
- mix in bananas, buttermilk, vanilla and oil.
- put the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in another bowl and whisk together.
- add the dry ingredients to the wet, mix just until blended.
- put batter into prepared pan.
- bake until golden brown and tester comes out clean, about an hour.
- turn bread onto rake and cool.