Recipe by Mdeviso
A moist banana bread alternative
Top Review by mickeyk80
I loved this recipe. All ingredients I usually have on hand. I used about a half cup of Splenda and my son had no idea he was eating low fat. I added walnuts because banana bread just isn't the same without them. I will make this again for sure.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup Splenda granular, sugar substitute
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup banana, mashed
- 1⁄4 cup applesauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Lightly grease an 8x4 inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon. Add egg whites, bananas and applesauce; stir just until combined. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 50 to 55 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of loaf comes out clean. Turn out onto wire rack and allow to cool before slicing.