Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is one of the most moist breads that I have ever made. You'll be amazed at how soft and moist it is, without being overly sweet
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups Splenda granular
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 large bananas, mashed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat milk
- 1⁄3 cup nonfat vanilla yogurt (or banana cream)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Combine flours, baking powder, salt, Spenda, and spices in large mixing bowl.
- Combine bananas, milk, yogurt, and egg in second bowl; mix thoroughly.
- Add wet ingredients to dry, and stir just until moistened.
- Fold in nuts.
- Pour batter into greased 9 x 5 x 3 inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 F for 45-50 minutes, or until toothpick inserts cleanly.
This recipe was awesome! I added raisins and it turned out great! A must try recipe, for sure! Thanks. :)
This is so good. I left out the salt by accident, I had to sub self-rising flour for the all-purpose and it still turned out beautiful. My boyfriend, who doesn't normally like anything low-fat thought this was terrific. Thanks for sharing.