1/2 Photos of Low Fat Banana Bread
1 hr 15 mins
No oil added, moist, low sugar, whole wheat...and delicious! Very flexible recipe-I throw in shredded carrots, apples, flax seed, oats, chocolate chips, etc.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 very ripe bananas (using medium sized bananas)
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup nonfat milk
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder (bread ~doubles in height while baking)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups flour (I use half whole-wheat & half white)
- 1 3/4 cups oats
- 3/4 cup smashed almonds (I've always used almonds or pecans, pounded with a hammer until they are like rough ground pepper)
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 1Mix wet ingredients together in blender, adding oats & nuts gradually.
- 2Mix wet mixture into dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- 3Stir batter only enough to completely mix ingredients; don't over mix which will toughen the bread.
- 4Pour batter into greased pans (sprinkled with granulated sugar if you want a crunchy sweet crust) and bake at 350 for 45 minutes-1 hour-do the knife test to check doneness or until the middle of the loaf is set, being careful not to burn the top and bottom of the loaf.
- 5Bread will continue to cook in the middle after you take it out of the oven.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Fat Banana Bread
Serving Size: 1 (73 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 184.3
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 37.8 mg
- Sodium 253.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 8.3 g
- Protein 6.3 g