- 4 bananas, very ripe
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup Splenda granular (or use white sugar if you prefer)
- 1⁄3 cup egg white (1 whole egg also works)
- 3⁄4 cup skim milk, soured with 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup mini chocolate chip
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup wheat bran
- 1 teaspoon baking powder (generous)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375. Spray muffin tin with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, mash bananas. To bananas, add applesauce, sugar, splenda, egg whites, skim milk with vinegar added to it, and chocolate chips.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, bran, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to wet, and stir until just combined.
- Place in muffin tin and bake for 20 - 25 minutes, until lightly browned and knife inserted comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.