This recipe is my favorite way to use overly-ripened bananas.
Make and share this Low-fat Banana Bars recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup applesauce
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 very ripe banana
- finely chopped walnuts, if desired
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 medium banana, mashed
- Mash banana and lemon juice together.
- Combine all ingredients and beat for 2 minutes at medium speed.
- Spread in a greased 9 x 13 inch pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Combine all frosting ingredients and frost when bars are cool.
- Sprinkle with walnuts if desired.