1 hr 55 mins
1 hr 40 mins
Adapted from Super Food Ideas July 06. Our friend Carol asked me for a curry recipe, I gave her this recipe and she made it in the crockpot with beef instead of lamb. We had it today and it was excellent. By the way I found this info on Google, Balti Curry is a style of curry developed in Birmingham, England in the 70's, which has spread to other western countries.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat pan over medium heat, add 1/3 of the lamb and using olive oil spray, cook for 3-5 minutes or until browned, then transfer to plate and repeat with remaining lamb in two batches, spraying more oil if required.
- 2Sauté onions, cook stirring for 2 minutes or until onion is soft, then add garlic and curry paste, cook stirring for 3 minutes.
- 3Gradually stir in stock and tomatoes, return lamb and any juices to pan, bring to boil, reduce heat to medium low, cover and simmer, stirring occasionally for 1 hour.
- 4Remove lid, simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally for 30 minutes or until lamb is tender and sauce reduced and thickened slightly.
- 5Remove from heat, stir in spinach, cover and stand for 1 minute or until spinach just wilted.
- 6Serve with rice in bowls, spoon over lamb curry and sprinkle with coriander and serve.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Fat Balti Lamb Curry (Or Beef)
Serving Size: 1 (395 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 604.9
- Calories from Fat 340
- Total Fat 37.8 g
- Saturated Fat 15.3 g
- Cholesterol 195.8 mg
- Sodium 312.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 54.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: