Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 40 mins
Adapted from Super Food Ideas July 06. Our friend Carol asked me for a curry recipe, I gave her this recipe and she made it in the crockpot with beef instead of lamb. We had it today and it was excellent. By the way I found this info on Google, Balti Curry is a style of curry developed in Birmingham, England in the 70's, which has spread to other western countries.
- Heat pan over medium heat, add 1/3 of the lamb and using olive oil spray, cook for 3-5 minutes or until browned, then transfer to plate and repeat with remaining lamb in two batches, spraying more oil if required.
- Sauté onions, cook stirring for 2 minutes or until onion is soft, then add garlic and curry paste, cook stirring for 3 minutes.
- Gradually stir in stock and tomatoes, return lamb and any juices to pan, bring to boil, reduce heat to medium low, cover and simmer, stirring occasionally for 1 hour.
- Remove lid, simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally for 30 minutes or until lamb is tender and sauce reduced and thickened slightly.
- Remove from heat, stir in spinach, cover and stand for 1 minute or until spinach just wilted.
- Serve with rice in bowls, spoon over lamb curry and sprinkle with coriander and serve.