Recipe by KadesMom
Yummy, crispy and so flavorful! These go great with a Marmalade or Apricot Preserves Dipping Sauce. Good for you too!
Top Review by Scrapbook Lori
Really great recipe!! I wanted to make use of leftover sweetened coconut I had on hand, and this seemed to be a great fit. I love coconut shrimp, and the added benefit of it being healthy and baked was a bonus! No changes made - will definitely make again! Thank you!!
- 2⁄3 cup Baker's angel flake sweetened coconut, toasted
- 1 (3 ounce) package Shake-n-Bake, original chicken
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 lb raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄2 cup orange marmalade
- 4 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Toast Coconut: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spread coconut in shallow baking pan. Bake 7-10 minutes or until lightly toasted, stirring occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss coconut with combined coating mix, curry powder and ground red pepper in pie plate.
- Beat egg in separate pie plate.
- Dip shrimp in egg, then into coating mixture, pressing shrimp into coating mixture to evenly coat both sides.
- Place on lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until shrimp are cooked through.
- While shrimp is baking, combine marmalade, rice wine vinegar and red pepper flakes in small sauce pan on med-low for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.