Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I made this last night as a side for Thai-style Roast Chicken It was delicious with it. I made enough for two piggies who love coleslaw-you might get 4 serves out of it or it would be easily doubled to feed more.
- 1⁄4 cabbage, shredded finely
- 1⁄2 cucumber, peeled, quartered lengthways, sliced finely
- 1⁄4 cup red capsicum, cut into strips, sliced finely
- 1⁄4 cup finely sliced green onion
- 1 large carrot, grated coarsely
- 1 stick celery, halved lengthways, sliced finely
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce (or could use soy sauce)
- 1 tablespoon sweet chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili oil (optional if you like it a bit spicier)
- Mix salad ingredients together.
- Mix dressing ingredients together, pour over salad mix well and chill for about an hour.
This was just okay for us. Didn't really care for the taste of soy with the slaw. Probably won't make again.
Any vegie recipe that will get the DM to eat her vegies immediately goes up the scale and when the rest of us enjoy also it can only be 5* plus - she even requested seconds - I was speechless unheard of before (me speechless and her requesting seconds both counts). I made as per recipe and well had more than enough for 3 of us - could have served 6 as a side with Kittencal recipe #165380, a great meal and thoroughly enjoyed. Thank you Jan, made for Unrated Asian Recipe Tag Game - July/August 2009