- 1 Chinese cabbage, wombok, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup shallot, chopped
- 1 cup fried Chinese noodles, I use Chang's
- 1⁄3 cup almonds, slivered
- 1⁄2 cup celery, sliced
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1⁄2 cup French dressing, I use Kraft fat free
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup red capsicum, red & green, coarsely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Toast almonds until browned, leave to one side.
- Toast sesame seeds, they brown very quickly.
- In a small container combine dressing, soy sauce and sugar, shake until sugar has dissolved.
- Place shredded cabbage, sliced celery and shallots in a large serving bowl.
- When ready to serve toss the noodles, sesame seeds, almonds and dressing with cabbage at the last minute as the noodles soften quickly.
- Sprinkle with the chopped red and green capsicum for colour.