Recipe by Carrie Ann
This low-fat dish is a great addition to the recipe files for those who are looking to reduce their fat intake or reduce their waistline.
Top Review by katie insko
wonderful!! i did make an addition, tho. layered 2 sheets of phyllo dough with no-fat butter flavored cooking spray sprayed between the sheets. placed chicken roll centered on short end, rolled over for one complete turn, folded in the sides of the dough and sprayed lightly, then completed the rolling to the end of the dough. sprayed the roll again lightly, and placed seam side down in the pan. the dough kept the chicken very moist!! yum!! and made a more elegant presentation on the plate. i coupled this dinner with recipe #24619 (creamy cheesy potato casserole). please note: make life simplier - do up extra chicken rolls in phyllo, and freeze individually on waxed paper on a cookie sheet. when solid, place rolls in a freezer bag. let thaw 2 hours at room temperature in the pan to be cooked in.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2⁄3 cup apricot, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup apricot, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Flatten chicken breasts to uniform thickness.
- Combine apricots,onion,almonds and parsley.
- Divide apricot mixture between chicken breasts; roll up and secure with toothpicks.
- Bake in pre-heated 350 oven for 30 to 40 minutes or until done.
- Remove from oven and transfer to serving plate;keep warm.
- Mix together yogurt, apricots, mustard and sugar.
- Heat until warm.
- Spoon warm apricot-mustard sauce over each breast.