1/1 Photo of Low Fat Apricot Noodle Kugel
1 hr 10 mins
One thing that most kugels have in common is large amounts of high-fat ingredients. This version the "culprits" have been replaced with orange juice, egg whites and apricot jam.
My Private Note
8 x 8 i ...
Units: US | Metric
- 6 ounces fine noodles, uncooked
- 1/2 cup fruit-only apricot fruit spread
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 4 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/3 cup raisins or 1/3 cup chopped dried apricot
- 1Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain and let cool for about 10 minutes.
- 2Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 3Lightly oil an 8-inch square baking pan or spray with a nonstick cooking oil.
- 4In a large bowl, combine jam, orange juice, egg whites and extracts. Beat with a fork or wire wisk until blended. Stir in raisins. Add noodles and mix well. Spoon mixture into prepared pan. Press the noodles down gently with the back of a spoon.
- 5Combine sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle evenly over the top of the kugel. Cover tightly and bake 15 minutes. Uncover and continue to bake 20 minutes more, until kugel is set.
- 6Let stand for 20 minutes before serving. Cut into squares to serve.
- 7Preparation & cooking time does not include 20 minutes to cool.
Browse Our Top European Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All European Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Low Fat Apricot Noodle Kugel
Serving Size: 1 (54 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 108.8
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 16.0 mg
- Sodium 29.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 4.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
apricot fruit spread